City Nature Challenge: San Diego County
HIKE SAN DIEGO IS PARTNERING WITH THE
NATURAL HISTORY MUSEUM FOR
THE 2018 CITY NATURE CHALLENGE: SD COUNTY
Join Hike San Diego for a hike as we hit the trails inside Hollenbeck Canyon Wildlife Area. We will be using the iNaturalist mobile app to document wildlife: mammals, insects, and plants!
Hollenbeck Canyon Address: 1800 Honey Springs Rd, Jamul, CA 91935
Date: April 28th, 2018
Time: 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
Mileage (Roundtrip): 6.4 Miles
Elevation gain/loss: 500 ft
What is the 2018 City Nature Challenge: San Diego County?
From April 27-30, 2018, the San Diego Natural History Museum (The Nat) is spearheading our local effort to document as many species as possible via iNaturalist. Not familiar with the app? Not to worry, it’s super user-friendly. All you have to do is:
1. Download the free iNaturalist app to your Android or iPhone
2. Join the 2018 City Nature Challenge: San Diego iNaturalist project
3. Take photos from April 27-30 to make observations of wild plants and animals in San Diego (in your backyard, at a park, etc.)
4. Upload your photos to iNaturalist
5. Learn more as the iNaturalist community helps identify your observations