Explore some of the San Dieguito River Park’s most iconic spots in the Coast to Crest Trail Challenge! The 2018-2019 Coast to Crest Trail Challenge starts on July 1st, 2018 and goes through June 30th, 2019. All hikes must be completed during this timeframe, in any order you choose. The hiking challenges are:
- Santa Ysabel East Preserve Kanaka Loop Trail (6.7 miles round-trip)
- Ramona Grasslands Preserve Trail (3.5 round-trip)
- Raptor Ridge Segment of the Coast to Crest (4.0 round-trip)
- Piedras Pintadas Trail (4.4 round-trip)
- Santa Fe Valley Trail (4.4 round-trip)
For more details, please visit the San Diego River Valley Conservancy's website - http://sdrvc.org/coast-to-crest-trail-challenge/
Explore some of the San Dieguito River Park’s most iconic spots in the Coast to Crest Trail Challenge!
From July 1st, 2017 through June 30th, 2018, complete the five River Park hikes listed below. You can complete them in any order, in your own time, or with the Conservancy—we’ll lead five guided hikes (one on each trail) throughout the year.
Each hike has a designated spot where you’ll take a selfie. Once you’ve completed all five hikes, email all your selfies to firstname.lastname@example.org for verification.
The first 50 finishers will receive a Hike San Diego iron on patch. Everyone who completes the Challenge and submits photos for verification will receive special certificate and decal, along with prizes from our partners: $10 in Adventure Bucks from A16 and a 20% coupon from REI--plus bragging rights and at least five cool outdoor adventures!
Plus, the first 50 people to complete the Challenge and submit photos for verification will receive an SDRVC cooling towel. And if you share your selfies and hike photos on Instagram and Facebook with the hashtags: #C2CChallenge #HISD #HikeSanDiego. We’ll highlight some of our favorite pics!
Inspiration credit goes to the Mission Trails’ 5-Peak Challenge.
- The Coast to Crest Trail Challenge starts on July 1st, 2017 and goes through June 30th, 2018. All hikes must be completed during this timeframe.
- The Challenge (including Conservancy-led hikes) is FREE.
- Follow all regulations for each trail.
- Hikes may be completed in any order.
- Use #C2CChallenge for social media.